Full Day in Palermo, parks and culture.
In addition to our Free Tours in Buenos Aires, we also have suggested itineraries. These are tours that you can do on your own. In this case we introduce you a full day in Palermo.
- Weekends: Plaza Serrano Market. There is no Graffiti Tour.
1) Visit Palermo Parks: there are a lot of green spots that can be visited near tourist areas and accommodations. One of the most beautiful places to visit is El Rosedal, a rose garden mixed with trees, bridges and important monuments. If you cross Alcorta Avenue, you will arrive to the Planetarium that is located in another park with a lovely lagoon. Check this post for more information about the Palermo Parks.
From now on will be able to choose your next stop:
A) Botanical Garden, Street Art & Traditional Music
- Visit the Botanical Garden: free admission. It is the most complete vegetation space in the city. Endemic and foreign species me in the middle of the city of Buenos Aires. Also, within the Garden you will find a beautiful neomedieval castle.
- Lunch in Palermo: from the Botanical Garden to Plaza Serrano there are multiple choices to have lunch, from fast food to cozy restaurants with special lunch menus.
- Street Art Tour in Palermo: we offer a Street Art Tour in Palermo that starts at 3pm from Monday to Friday. It begins at Plaza Serrano. Once the tour is over, you can have a snack in Palermo, visit the shops and rest a little bit. At night you can choose two cultural activities:
- Dancing Tango: the best way to acquire Argentine traditions is to put them into practice. In Palermo there is a Milonga where you can go to learn a few steps of Tango, dine and dance all night long. Check the hours of the classes.
- Listen Traditional Music: you can dine at a Peña, restaurants where you can enjoy argentinean cuisine and folk music. Check this post for more information.
B) Parks & China Town
Close to the Planetarium there are a few Food stands where they sell barbacue. If not you will have to carry your lunch. If you keep walking through Alcorta Avenue you will explore new parks with lagoons and many birds to discover. After a nice walk you can end up in Chinatown, a great place to have dinner. In Chinatown there is a bus terminal with plenty of buses to return to your accommodation. Also there is a train station and a few blocks from there (Cabildo Avenue), a subway station.
Check the route on Google Maps!