Requirements to travel to Argentina, in the face of the global COVID-19 pandemic.
Update Date: July 02, 2021
This note is intended to keep us informed and updated about the world situation caused by the COVID-19 virus. Each country has measures, protocols and requirements to take into account.
In the case of Argentina, at the beginning of the pandemic and given the low number of fatalities and contagions in Buenos Aires, it was decided to open the country’s borders last year, on October 30. At first, only countries bordering Argentina could enter in a plan to revive international tourism.
On March 12 of this year 2021, new measures were established to close the borders until further notice, on the eve of a second wave of infections.
Currently, flights to and from Turkey, the countries of the African Continent, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, as well as Brazil, Chile and India are suspended. In turn, the minimum frequency of flights with Europe remains in force. The idea of these measures is to prevent the entry of new strains of the virus, within the second wave in which the country is currently. It is an extension of the decisions until July 9.
At the moment, the entry of foreigners to the country is under prohibition, with the exception of cases authorized by Migration, such as family reunification, humanitarian reasons, work or health.
If the country of origin is within those allowed to enter Argentina and your reasons as well, the current requirements are:
1) Electronic Affidavit 48 hours prior to boarding. We leave the link to access it here.
2) Negative test, with 48 hours prior to the trip. In addition to having another test when entering the country and another after 7 days of entry. All tests will be in charge of the passenger..
3) Mandatory quarantine of 7 days from the negative test result. This is extremely important and this is home isolation with control. In case of non-compliance, they may criminally denounce you. Once you complete the isolation, the discharge will be granted with the last Negative Test that they require.
4) Have a COVID-19 health insurance.
5) Once inside the country, a new test will be requested. In case of positive, they must comply with the relevant isolation. Beyond the result of that test, 7 days after entering, they must perform a new test.
In addition to this list, there is the possibility that they request a detail of your travel itinerary, a statement of the address where you will be staying and a medical check-up to determine the level of existing contagion.
Here we leave you a website where you can check the updated measurements.
In addition, you will have to install the application “Cuidar” on your cell phone to be able to circulate.
All this must be controlled and required by the transport company when traveling. Otherwise, companies will have severe penalties for non-compliance with the resolutions of each country. In turn, it is our responsibility to fulfill them.
At the moment, the entry and exit terminals of the country that are enabled are:
- Ministro Pistarini International Airport in Ezeiza, Province of Buenos Aires
- San Fernando International Airport, Province of Buenos Aires
- Port of the City of Buenos Aires (Terminal Buquebus. For Argentine tourists or with residence in Argentina, and for Uruguayan tourists or people with residence in Uruguay).
Here we leave you a link to view the status of the border crossings.
We want to remind you of the basic prevention measures, established by the Ministry of Health:
- Social distancing: 2 meters away from other people.
- Use of face masks to circulate on the street.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Cough or sneeze into the foot of the elbow.
- Ventilate the rooms.
- Do not touch your face with your hands.
- Disinfection of frequently used objects.
- Avoid meetings in closed spaces.
We ask for extreme responsibility, in case of presenting symptoms similar to those of COVID-19, we ask that you go to the nearest health center. We all take care of each other!
Find more information on the Argentina Migrations website.
In this situation, we recommend staying informed before purchasing a ticket to travel.