Requirements to travel to Argentina, in the face of the global COVID-19 pandemic.
Update Date: September 22, 2021
This note is intended to keep us informed and updated about the world situation caused by the COVID-19 virus. Each country has measures, protocols and requirements to take into account.
In the case of Argentina, at the beginning of the pandemic and given the low number of fatalities and contagions in Buenos Aires, it was decided to open the country’s borders last year, on October 30. At first, only countries bordering Argentina could enter in a plan to revive international tourism.
On March 12 of this year 2021, new measures were established to close the borders until further notice, on the eve of a second wave of infections.
Currently, the measures were modified due to the progress in the vaccination of the country’s population, together with the decrease in the number of infections. For this same reason, a plan was devised for the gradual opening of the country’s borders, for which estimated dates were determined, which must be confirmed with Migrations, the ANAC and other authorities involved.
Since September 24, the isolation for Argentines, residents and foreigners who enter the country for labor issues, authorized by the immigration authority, has been lifted.
As of October 1, the entry of foreigners from neighboring countries will be authorized without the need for isolation, as well as the opening of land borders.
From October 1 to November 1, an increase in the amount of authorized income to the country is planned.
On November 1, it will be possible to enter all foreigners who want to enter the country.
Therefore, flights to and from Turkey, the countries of the African Continent, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, as well as Brazil and India are no longer suspended.
With these new measures, the requirements to enter the country were also modified, so it will be necessary to have:
1) Complete vaccination schedule, with the last application date at least 14 days prior to arrival in the country.
2) Negative PCR test in the 72 hours prior to shipment, or antigen at the point of entry until defined by the health authority.
3) PCR test on day 5 to 7 of arrival until defined by the health authority.
Those people who do not present a complete vaccination schedule, including minors, must perform quarantine, antigen test upon admission and PCR test on day 7.
4) Have a COVID-19 health insurance.
In addition, you will have to install the application “Cuidar” on your cell phone to be able to circulate and travel within the country.
All this must be controlled and required by the transport company when traveling. Otherwise, companies will have severe penalties for non-compliance with the resolutions of each country. In turn, it is our responsibility to fulfill them.
At the moment, the entry and exit terminals of the country that are enabled are:
- Ministro Pistarini International Airport in Ezeiza, Province of Buenos Aires
- San Fernando International Airport, Province of Buenos Aires
- Port of the City of Buenos Aires (Terminal Buquebus. For Argentine tourists or with residence in Argentina, and for Uruguayan tourists or people with residence in Uruguay).
We want to remind you of the basic prevention measures, established by the Ministry of Health:
- Social distancing: 2 meters away from other people.
- Use of face masks to circulate on the stree (exception of individual circulation in the open air and without crowds of people). Mandatory use in closed places and meetings.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Cough or sneeze into the foot of the elbow.
- Ventilate the rooms.
- Do not touch your face with your hands.
- Disinfection of frequently used objects.
- Avoid meetings in closed spaces.
We ask for extreme responsibility, in case of presenting symptoms similar to those of COVID-19, we ask that you go to the nearest health center. We all take care of each other!
In this situation, we recommend staying informed before purchasing a ticket to travel.