Full day in La Boca & Puerto Madero
- Monday: the ecological reserve is closed, except holidays.
Important consideration: there are no ATMs in La Boca and it is not recommended to get out of the touristic area of Caminito and Boca Stadium. In order to arrive to La Boca you can take a bus (152) or a taxi. It is recommended to visit La Boca by the day, from the morning until the afternoon.
1) Visit La Boca: the main atractions of this barrio is the Port, Caminito Street and Boca Juniors stadium. We visit deeply all this atractions in our Walking Tour in La Boca. In this post you will find more information about What to do in La Boca.
2) Lunch in La Boca: through Caminito there are lot of places with diverse offers to have lunch.
3) Visit the Ecological Reserve: the only protected area of the city of Buenos Aires it is located on the banks of the river Río de la Plata, close to downtown. From La Boca you can take a bus (number 20) and walk 5 blocks. With free admission you can enjoy a lovely walk along the banks of the river. There are self-guided trails to discover the flora and fauna of the reserve. Check this post for more information!
4) Walk through Puerto Madero: Puerto Madero is the most modern neighborhood of Buenos Aires. It is located on the banks of the Río de la Plata and it is pleasant to walk through its streets. You can visit the Women Bridge, the dams and the boats. The Fortabat Art Collection Museum is also located in this barrio. To learn more about what to do in Puerto Madero, you can read this post.
5) Dinner in Puerto Madero or Downtown: In Puerto Madero there are plenty of bars and restaurants, but most of the establishments are above the average cost. An alternative is to walk a few blocks until Downtown or San Telmo, and after dinner you will be able to have a better access to public transport as there are no buses or subways in Puerto Madero.
Check the route on Google Maps!